It was a few days before raya, my Mak repeatedly asked me to bake a chocolate cake for raya. She knows me well that I wouldn't lay a hand to bake any cookies, certainly.
I don`t see any point to refuse, chocolate cake is family favourite after all. As always, I googled the recipe from the internet and this is how my chocolate cake was made!
The ingredients are as follows:
- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- cocoa bars (or cocoa powder)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup of boiled water
- 1 cup of oil
- 1/2 cup of fine sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup of evaporated milk ( I used Ideal )
To start it off,
1) Mix the sugar, baking soda and baking powder using the electric mixer.
2) Add the flour, followed with eggs, milk, boiled water and oil. And last with cocoa bars.
3) Apply the butter to the surface of the bakingtin, and pour the mixture onto it.
4) Heat the water in the steamer, and put the cake tin with the mixture after the water boils for 45 minutes or so.
5)The cake is done when the toothpick inserted come out clean.
At the first attempt, I promise you, the cake looked so horrible, it was only the taste that remained edible. Nevertheless, the cake was finished by my big eater siblings in one day despite its horrible look. I did it again for a few times and the outcome was getting better! Pheww!~